7 competencies that ePlanet wants to promote:
- Interrelatedness / systems thinking
The interaction between human health and the environment on the individual, local, and global level.
- The Anthropocene and health
Health impacts of climate change. Environmental drivers of ill health.
- Prevention (healthy lifestyle, climate/environmental mitigation and adaption)
The ways that healthcare professionals and facilities can prepare for and respond to climate/environment-related health risks.
Environmental stewardship. Motivated to make a positive contribution.
- Social justice / equity
Public health. Health practices which simultaneously addresses equity and sustainability.
- Worldview / perspectives and self-reflection
Explore your own thinking and action in relation to sustainable development and seek to understand those of others.
- Envisioning and shaping a sustainable and healthy future
Able to imagine beyond current practice/society. Also known as ‘futuring’.